Ken Smith Strings for Bass Guitar
From bass virtuoso Ken Smith come these high-quality electric bass guitar strings that bring out the best in your instrument. Since 1978, Ken Smith has been a pioneer in modern bass design. That includes string innovations such as the 0.128 and 0.130 low B strings for extended-range basses as well as the first taper core bass strings. Whether you play a handmade Smith bass or another model, Ken Smith strings will sound great, last a long time and offer a balanced feel.
Premium Bass Strings
Ken Smith bass guitar strings are used by some of the world’s best-known bassists, including Mike Gordon of Phish and Grammy-winning jazz performer Gerald Albright. At Strings and Beyond, you can order the same strings at discount prices. Here’s an overview of the Ken Smith string lineups.
- Ken Smith Rock Masters bass guitar strings are super-bright round-wound strings manufactured to strict quality-control standards.
- Ken Smith Taper Core bass guitar strings are the same round-wound stainless steel strings that come on all-new Ken Smith bass guitars.
- Ken Smith Bass Burner bass guitar strings are round-wound nickel-plated steel springs that provide the brightest sound you'll find from any nickel string and the nickel plating helps prevent damage to your frets, too.
- Ken Smith Nickel Slick Round bass strings are nickel and iron round-wound strings with a ground outer surface, producing a bright, “fat” sound and super-smooth feel.
- Ken Smith Compressors are made of the same materials as Nickle Slick Rounds but have the outer winding compressed into an oval shape, which gives them a crisp sound while feeling smoother than a regular round-wound string.
All these Ken Smith strings are silk-wrapped at both ends to protect your guitar. That's one more reason musicians say the Ken Smith quality is worth the price. Ken Smith developed the first wide-neck five-string and six-string basses, so of course we have his strings for these extended-range basses, too. Call us at 877-830-0722 and we’ll help you choose the right strings.