Electric Guitar Help
- Steel Electric Guitar Strings offer a penetratingly bright tone, with powerfully precise lows. Generally the brightest and most magnetic guitar strings, they are known for great crunch and sustain.
- Nickel Electric Guitar Strings offer bright tone, with excellent intonation due to the 8% nickel-plated wrap wire. These are great for magnetic pickups and a wide range of playing styles.
- Pure Nickel Electric Guitar Strings offer a warmer, vintage tone. The warmer timbre comes from the pure nickel wrap wire, compared to the brighter tone of the 8% nickel. Great for blues or classic rock.
The profile of the wrap wire also effects tone and feel with:
- Round wound being the brightest and roughest
- Half round being warmer and smoother
- Flat wound being the most mellow and smoothest.
Below are some of our most popular Electric Guitar Strings!
Don't see what you need? Check out our full selection of Electric Guitar Strings & Current Specials!