RED SERIES sets provide superior performance over traditional strings for musicians who love clear, sharp sounds and powerful voicing across the full scale of the instrument. You never heard a sound like this before, simply because before it did not exist.
NEWS!! IMPROVED RED SERIES VERSION
Aquila 12B Red Series 5 String Banjo Strings Normal Tension - ALL RED SERIES
- Technical solution adopted: Nylgut made firstly elastic and then added with red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut
- Color: red-brown
- Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime hapPen with the Nylguts.
- Elasticity/Elongation: like the common white Nylgut!
- Performances: better than the first elastic version! They do not break under stretching. fast and stable tuning!
- Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
- Pressing strongly the string on the frets, the note does not became sharper
- It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate it like can happen with the fluorocarbon G strings
- Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut
Attention! The Red Series strings must be stretched by your fingers in a gentle way. Not too much. The settle up in tune in 2-3 days.