AQUILA RED SERIES CONCERT REGULAR TUNING UKULELE STRINGS
Key of C GCEA set: a unique look and a strong, consistent sound.
Until now, it was necessary to increase a string’s gauge to reach lower frequencies. But increasing the string’s diameter also increases internal dampening. That make the string less bright, less responsive and more muffled; the thicker the string, the duller the sound. Our revolutionary new approach—never introduced before us—changes the specific weight of the material, increasing it progressively to leave the gauge unchanged.
The result is amazing—the instrument sounds brighter, more powerful and more
responsive through the entire range of the fret board. The strings also maintain
their intonation better (because thicker strings need to be fretted harder,
pulling them farther out of tune). Until now, this result was reached only with
harps where the scale of the strings is continuously varied.
RED SERIES sets provide superior performance over traditional strings for musicians who love clear, sharp sounds and powerful voicing across the full scale of the instrument.
You never heard a sound like this before, simply because before it did not exist.
NEWS!! IMPROVED RED SERIES VERSION
- Technical solution adopted: Nylgut made firstly elastic and then added with red copper powder in order to increase the density to about twice that of standard white Nylgut
- Color: red-brown
- Surface: slightly rough; this texture has eliminated the squeak that sometime hapPen with the Nylguts.
- Elasticity/Elongation: like the common white Nylgut!
- Performances: better than the first elastic version! They do not break under stretching. fast and stable tuning!
- Intonation: accurate past the 12th fret
- Pressing strongly the string on the frets, the note does not became sharper
- It is not necessary to file the nut slot wider to accommodate it like can happen with the fluorocarbon G strings
- Density: about twice than standard white Nylgut
Attention! The Red Series strings must be stretched by your fingers in a gentle way. Not too much. The settle up in tune in 2-3 days.