For 15 years the L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic DI Preamp has been providing professional musicians with studio quality sound on stage. Purchase this direct box now and Strings and Beyond will throw in a FREE D’addario 3 pack!
”Our proprietary Quasi-Passive EQ circuitry is totally transparent and allows control over voicing without sacrificing tone -- a big advance over conventional equalizers.” – LR Baggs
The L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic DI Preamp
provides five professional grade bands of EQ, controls for notch, midrange, and gain, and a phase inversion button.
The Para D.I. is designed to squeeze the best out of any acoustic pickup. For the Para DI combined with volume boost and tuner in one, check out:
L.R. Baggs Venue DI Preamp / EQ with Tuner! Why LR Baggs?
Even after winning multiple Acoustic Guitar magazine Players Choice Gold Awards and two consecutive MIPAs (the music products industry’s Oscar) for best pickups, best preamps, and most popular guitar performance gear manufacturer, LR Baggs continues to push the cutting edge in guitar amplification each year in an endeavor to use the talents and opportunities God has given them. LR Baggs’ success principles come right out of the Bible, from the way they treat their employees and customers, to the way they accord themselves in public, and of course to the care they put into the design and manufacture of their products. Their goal is to create exciting products that will encourage, motivate and inspire you, their customer, as a way of saying "Thank You" for your business. Be sure to check out the rest of our LR Baggs selection including Preamps, Pickups and other accessories!
• Discrete pure class A FET input for audiophile-quality sound and very low noise
• 5 Band EQ controls include treble, presence and bass controls, along with tunable notch filter and sweepable mid EQ with 2 octave range
• Phase inversion switch for increased feedback control
• Proprietary Quasi-Passive EQô places synthesized passive EQ circuitry in a parallel side-chain with main signal for control of instrument voicing without sacrificing tonal purity
• 24 dB of adjustable gain for optimum performance and the lowest noise with a variety of input sources, including low output pickups
• Balanced XLR and unbalanced ºî outputs for use with an amp or PA or both simultaneously
• High input impedance (10 Meg) delivers the full potential of any pickup
• High current buffered output drives long cables into difficult, low impedance loads without fidelity loss
• Heavy duty steel box provides extra protection
• Runs on 48V phantom power or 9V battery, which provides 200 hours of playtime
• External battery compartment allows quick and easy battery changes
• Size: 5.6" x 3.6" x 1.9"
• Weight: 14.5 oz.
• Battery Type: Single 9V
• Current Consumption: 2.9mA
• Battery Life: > 200 Hours (alkaline)
• External Power: 30-48V Phantom Power
• EQ - Low: ± 12dB @ 85Hz
• EQ - Notch: ± 6dB @ 98Hz-247Hz
• EQ - Midrange: ± 12dB @ 400Hz-1.6kHz
• EQ - Presence: ± 6dB @ 5kHz
• EQ - Treble: ± 12dB @ 10kHz
• Low Cut Filter: Fixed, 12dB/oct. @ 35Hz
• Sensitive: -3dBu
• Gain - Adjustable: From 4dB-24dB
• Input Impedance: 10 Megohms
• Signal to Noise: -88dB, unweighted
• FX Send Impedance: 12k
• FX Return Impedance: 100k
• Output Impedance: 600 ohmsFor more details check out the L.R. Baggs Para Acoustic DI Preamp Users' Manual!